Friday, September 17, 2021

Week 21/Katahdin Photos

Pictures from my last week on trail, 8/30 to 9/5, featuring the hundred mile wilderness and Katahdin. 



Setup for a 50 person breakfast at Shaw's Hostel. One of several tables.

My hiking pole tips after 2100 miles

Sunset in Monson, ME

College group was out on trail too.

I had 5 days of food




























Thanks ATC






Last firetower on the trail, and it was topless


I climbed it anyway







Pitcher plants in a bog






















Good to know






My first Glimpse of Katahdin

No bugs, no bug net needed
featuring the foot of Down-Over



Grouse watching me
















I didn't see any moose, but I kept looking out for them at ponds



































































Out of the Hundred Mile "wilderness"







Checking in for a campsite




Baxter State Park








Stopped near here for lunch















Yes, I would definitely call the AT a nature trail








Starting my final Ascent






Poles stowed so I could use my hands climbing







































Finally there









At the top with Slash (who also gets photo creds)








Glad I didn't have to hike down in the rain










More pics from the summit








No comments:

Post a Comment