Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Week 14, Two Thirds Hiked

7/13 "Secret Shelter" 1346, Deli-blazed Sandwich Lobby, NJ high point park

7/14 Camped just past the NY border 1369, morning donkey and deli, sunset rainbow, bear cub spotted, marsh boardwalk, 

7/15 Tiorati Beach stealth spot 1392, another bear in the morning, sunny ridges, 

7/16 camped past the bear mtn bridge 1409, went in to ft montgomery and thru the zoo, low elevation point of 150 ft

7/17 Canopus lake beach campsite 1427, thunderstorm night

7/18 Tony's deli 1452, Dover Oak - oldest tree, dipped in nuclear lake, 100 days on trail!

7/19 Mt. Algo shelter 1470, Connecticut near Kent

This week I was able to hike straight through to CT without stopping in town. There were enough delis right off trail to deli-blaze and charge my phone without taking a day off. There were no cheap places to stay either, so it worked out. I caught up to a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while, and met plenty of new people. 

There was a few big storms this week, and when I crossed the Housatonic river it was almost overflowing its banks. There was a report that bridges up ahead had been compromised, and there have been a few flash flood warnings. Most importantly though, the trail has gotten muddy. 

I passed the 100 day, and 1462.1 milestones this week. There was no sign for the 2/3rds mark, so I had to make one. I still haven't met any Southbound hikers yet, but they shouldn't be too far off.

Massachusets here I come!






No comments:

Post a Comment