Sunday, May 16, 2021

Week 5, Trail Days

5/8 mountaineer shelter 404

5/9 Braemer castle hostel, Hampton TN 422

5/10 castle day 2

5/11 camped 441

5/12 abingdon gap shelter 460

5/13 arrived damascus 470

5/14 trail days!

5/15 trail days!


This week I finally got to Virginia, the longest state on the AT. I took a zero in Hampton to catch up on sleep, and it came in useful for trail days. In Damascus every spring, the whole trail community gathers together for a festival. Hikers shuttle in from wherever they are on the trail, and join the fun. Trail Days takes over the small town for the weekend. It was great to be able to see hikers I hadn't seen since starting and catch up with them.

Mountaineer Falls

my attempt to patch a hole with duct tape. Got me through to Virginia.

Watuga Lake dam

farm pass-thru

No comments:

Post a Comment