Saturday, May 8, 2021

Week the 4th


5/2 mile 316 stealth site

5/3 no business knob shelter 338, after

Big bald

5/4 Erwin near-o 344 uncle johnny's hostel

5/5 cherry gap shelter 361, unaka mtn

5/6 Roan high knob shelter 379, highest shelter on the AT! 6270 ft

5/7 Roan Mountain community park 395

Stayed in Erwin for a rainy day. I sent home some of my gear, including my gloves. That decision would be put to the test. 
Roan Mountain in the sun. 
Roan Mountain Shelter with snow
Roan Mountain the next day, hail, wind, and snow all morning. My hardest day so far while I was up on the peaks with no trees and didn't want to take off my sock-mittens to take pictures. 
Karaoke was a lot of fun
Wood Man cooking potatoes he carried for 3 days in a bindle as part of a trail challenge. I slept inside the little community park kitchen, and had some great conversations about local and trail history with Erik and Pam who went above and beyond in setting up a whole weekend for hikers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment