Saturday, April 10, 2021

Foggy Wonderful Start

I stayed at the Amicalola falls lodge last night with my mom. We picked up a few last minute snacks from a store, and went to the start of the approach trail. I weighed my pack in at 26.9 Lbs with 2 L of water and 4 days of food. After taking pictures at the arch, and saying goodbyes I was off!

I got a few miles in before I walked into the clouds. The rest of the trip today was spent surrounded by the fog and rain. I reached the real start of the AT at Springer Mountain, and went to stay at the Springer mountain shelter (8.5 + 0.2 miles). 

The shelter fit 10 people, and had a loft with additional space. After unpacking, the sun did come out for a bit, and I was able to hang some clothes up to dry. Met around 15 people at the shelter and surrounding campgrounds.

It felt like an amazing start. So happy to finally be out here hiking!

1 comment: