Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Week 7

5/23 Lickskillet shelter 605

5/24 Sugar Run mountain camped for the sunset 623

5/25 Pearisburg 638 Angel's Rest hostel

5/26 Night 2 in Pearisburg

5/27 Night 3 at Angel's Rest. Went to a museum but it was closed. Worked for my stay.

5/28 Got 2 cortisone shots and finished Night 4 in Pearisburg

5/29 Hit the trail again! At least for a little bit. Started a sobo section hike from Stony Creek back to Pearisburg with my Brother (shelter @ 656)

5/30 Rice Field shelter 644, had a nice view into West Virginia from the ridge.

5/31 Finished going south, and shuttled back to stony creek. My brother left, and I went up to camp just past wind mtn, 666


The new shoes from damascus gave me a tendonitis, so I was limping my way into Pearisburg. I gave my foot some well needed rest, and took an extended stay at Angel's Rest Hiker Haven Hostel. It was nice to reunite with hikers I had passed. And quite a few of them stayed for more than one night. I was itching to return to the trail the whole time, and was finally able to for a little bit on saturday night.

My brother Nathan Texted me on Wednesday to see if he could join me on the trail. It gave me something to plan out, and I decided that it would make the most sense for him to drive us up to a trailhead, and hike back to town. After meeting him in town and some shoe shopping, we went off to the trail. We managed to get to a shelter half a mile in just past nightfall, Setting up everything in the dark and drizzle. 

Unfortunately the weather got cold and rainy for the few days Nathan was with me, after being warm and sunny for a while. I told him to bring summer gear, and it got down to 48° on sunday. Oops. Luckily, I don't think it ruined our time. 

I ended up using my phone more than I would have liked while at the hostel, and now I'm trying to get back to keeping it off while on trail. I feel like the combination of my phone, not hiking, and watching a bunch of movies took me out of the trail mentally, and I need to give myself a few days to sink back in. 

Pictures to come when I have better service.






No comments:

Post a Comment